Craftsman mitre saw models - parts cross reference list? - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ducbsa

post #1 of 8 Old 10-02-2018, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

View Dave Anderson's Photo Album My Photos
Craftsman mitre saw models - parts cross reference list?

Hi everyone. I own a Craftsman 10" sliding compound mitre saw, model 137.212371. Purchased in 2012 for around $200. It's done a good job for all sorts of projects around the house. The plastic blade guard broke earlier this year and I've been trying to get replacement part (Part #2VMY). I placed order with searspartsdirect.com in May, and just today they confirmed this part is no longer available; there is a lot of confusion and conflicting answers from Sears about availability of this part...some say it's not available, others say it's available...but in the end they cancelled my order and refunded the purchase price (about $30) telling me I'll probably never receive the part.

I see similar looking and similarly priced Craftsman saw models that share many of the same parts as my saw (per the exploded parts diagrams in operation manuals). Numerous saw models use blade guard pn#3CBQ. This blade guard looks similar in overall design and mounting hole location...but Sears/Craftsman so far has been no help in being able to confirm any cross-compatibility of this part on my saw.

Does anyone have experience with cross-compatibility of Craftsman parts...or parts from other manufacturers?

Thanks.

Last edited by Dave Anderson; 10-02-2018 at 05:56 PM. Reason: add tags
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-02-2018, 09:00 PM

View TomCT2's Photo Album My Photos
the 137. indicates the manufacturer, in this case Rexon, which appears to be UK centric

they may be able to tell you which of their parts is the Sears model and whether it is still available.

https://www.rexonspares.co.uk/machin...aw-guards.html
post #3 of 8 Old 10-05-2018, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

View Dave Anderson's Photo Album My Photos
Thanks TomCT2 for the prompt response and lead to rexonspares.com (based in England). They were responsive but unable to cross-reference parts on their website to US models. I eventually found the phone number for Rexon support in the US, talked with them Wednesday (2 days ago), and the part was on my doorstep today, just two day laters. The new blade guard is already installed on my saw. Rexon US said they've been hearing from a growing number of Craftsman owners about poor to nonexistent support from Sears, so they've decided to sell directly to Craftsman owners.

I placed order with Sears back in May for $34; every week they told me the part was on backorder. This week they cancelled the order telling me it was no longer available. I research on my own, and thanks to this forum found Rexon. Rexon US confirmed the part was in-stock, I placed order for $20 and the part arrives in 2 days.

Bottom line: if you need support for a Rexon-manufactured Craftsman tool (model numbers with suffix 137.), forget Sears and call Rexon directly: 1-800-843-1682. A polite and professional woman named Crystal helped me at Rexon.

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 10-05-2018, 06:13 PM

View TomCT2's Photo Album My Photos
glad it worked out!

Sears is having major issues staying in existence, so this problem is likely to get a lot worse.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-05-2018, 06:17 PM

View JIMMIEM's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Anderson View Post
Thanks TomCT2 for the prompt response and lead to rexonspares.com (based in England). They were responsive but unable to cross-reference parts on their website to US models. I eventually found the phone number for Rexon support in the US, talked with them Wednesday (2 days ago), and the part was on my doorstep today, just two day laters. The new blade guard is already installed on my saw. Rexon US said they've been hearing from a growing number of Craftsman owners about poor to nonexistent support from Sears, so they've decided to sell directly to Craftsman owners.

I placed order with Sears back in May for $34; every week they told me the part was on backorder. This week they cancelled the order telling me it was no longer available. I research on my own, and thanks to this forum found Rexon. Rexon US confirmed the part was in-stock, I placed order for $20 and the part arrives in 2 days.

Bottom line: if you need support for a Rexon-manufactured Craftsman tool (model numbers with suffix 137.), forget Sears and call Rexon directly: 1-800-843-1682. A polite and professional woman named Crystal helped me at Rexon.

Thanks again.
Thank You for the info. I have the same saw and when I saw your post I started checking parts sellers e.g. ereplacement parts, etc. and they showed the part on backorder with no ETA. Strange, as the saw is still sold.

P.S. Not a bad saw for the price.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-06-2018, 07:01 AM

View ducbsa's Photo Album My Photos
I was going to ask for a list of manufacturers, then remembered that annoys me when others do it. So, I googled and got this: http://vintagemachinery.org/Craftsma...facturers.aspx
GeorgeC likes this.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-09-2019, 02:37 PM

View Preston Orr's Photo Album My Photos
Thanks for the contact information for Rexon. Bought a 137.212371 sliding miter saw from sears when the store closed. When I finally got around to using it, I found the locking assembly for cutting angles was missing. Sears was no help, but then they no longer own Craftsman. Talked to a nice lady names Brenda at Rexon and they are shipping me the parts. I am glad to see Rexon standing behind their products.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-09-2019, 04:22 PM

View Mycrossover's Photo Album My Photos
Even when Sears was a bigger presence, getting parts was iffy. I had a Craftsman tool cabinet at work and every number I could find on or in the box was not valid to order a new lock set. Waterloo made the box. One call to Waterloo and I was told any of the 26" cabinets they made for Sears and for others, over many years took the same lock. I had a replacement very quickly. I had an Emerson made Craftsman shop vac that was almost identical to the one they sold as Ridgid at HD. The part numbers were even the same. The parts were cheaper and the shipping was less from HD. All this obviously contributed to their current state.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode