• 1 Post By mangorockfish
  • 3 Post By dusty roads
  • 1 Post By intrepid
  • 1 Post By mangorockfish
  • 2 Post By allpurpose

post #1 of 13 Old 09-19-2017, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

View dusty roads's Photo Album My Photos
Craftsman #113 Tablesaw Upgrade Question

I did a search on this and didn't get any hits so will ask a questions here.

I have an old '70s vintage Craftsman 113 tablesaw that works pretty well for my uses but I would like to retro fit a new fence - the stock fence is only so-so at best. Doing some internet searches I found recommendations for using the Delta T-3 fence as a good fit for the 'ole Craftsman saw.

Just wondering if anyone here has experience with this conversion and recommendations on the installation and fitting.

Thanks in advance for any input/advice.

...sometimes, just makin' firewood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-21-2017, 12:22 AM

View mangorockfish's Photo Album My Photos
I just put a Craftsman 24/30 Align-A-Rip fence on my 113. no drilling, just mount her up. If you want I can email you some pics. I don't know how to post them on here.LOL. Really nice, especially for $140.
Bluenote38 and dusty roads like this.
post #3 of 13 Old 09-21-2017, 06:14 AM

View GeorgeC's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangorockfish View Post
I just put a Craftsman 24/30 Align-A-Rip fence on my 113. no drilling, just mount her up. If you want I can email you some pics. I don't know how to post them on here.LOL. Really nice, especially for $140.
:Loading pictures on this site is simplicity itself.

First scroll down until you see "Go Advanced." Then scroll down until you see "Manage Attachments."

Then you will see several "Browse" boxes. Click on the first of these. It will bring up your computer folders. Find the picture that you want to post. Select (click on) that picture. Select several pictures, or only one, and then click on "Upload"

That pretty much gets the job done.

George
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 09-21-2017, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply Mangorockfish - just what I was needing!

I did a little searching and found this for $120 from Sears. Will be ordering ASAP! Thanks again!

PS: it's on order and with shipping $140 - a bargain to me!
Attached Images

Last edited by dusty roads; 09-21-2017 at 09:25 AM.
post #5 of 13 Old 09-22-2017, 10:18 PM

My saw had stamped steel wings and I added a set of the old cast iron webbed ones also and the rails fit perfectly with the two sets. The fence itself is a big ol' piece of equipment itself. I think you will really be pleased. Also, bolts right up.
dusty roads likes this.
post #6 of 13 Old 09-22-2017, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeC View Post
:Loading pictures on this site is simplicity itself.

First scroll down until you see "Go Advanced." Then scroll down until you see "Manage Attachments."

Then you will see several "Browse" boxes. Click on the first of these. It will bring up your computer folders. Find the picture that you want to post. Select (click on) that picture. Select several pictures, or only one, and then click on "Upload"

That pretty much gets the job done.

George
The problem is I don't know how to get my pics from my phone into folders on my computer.
post #7 of 13 Old 09-23-2017, 12:13 AM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
open a Gmail account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangorockfish View Post
The problem is I don't know how to get my pics from my phone into folders on my computer.
You don't have to use it for email, but doing so will allow Google to store all your photos. You can download the ones you want to your computer, then attach them to your post here. I have a Samsung Note 5 and that works for me.

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
post #8 of 13 Old 09-27-2017, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Well here's an update on this upgrade.

Got the new fence in record time - four days and installed it yesterday.

And WOW - is it nice! The removal and install took maybe an hour or hour and half. Instructions were good, complete and accurate. The only 'bugs' were 1. I had to ream out the wing attachment holes - they were for 1/4-20 bolts and the new ones were 5/16-18 and 2. I was short two square head bolts which I found substitutes in my stash of nuts & bolts.

I did the parallel alignment and the test cut was perfect.

It really dresses up the 'ole #113 and we're ready to give it some work today.
Attached Images

subroc, Toolman50 and intrepid like this.

post #9 of 13 Old 09-28-2017, 08:32 AM

View intrepid's Photo Album My Photos
Dust Roads, This looks like a great fence system for the price. I would consider this also if I can ship it overseas. Can you tell me what the size of the shipping package is or the longest piece of the system? Thanks.
dusty roads likes this.
post #10 of 13 Old 09-28-2017, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Yes - the track on the operator's side was the longest single piece at nearly 6 feet. The corrugated shipping box was near 6 feet long and about 14" square on the ends. Hope that helps.

I did use it yesterday and am VERY happy with it. It was easy to true up to the miter guide and locks down solid. The track scale has been adjusted and is accurate - that is something I have NEVER had before! The micro adjust is a nice feature and very handy. It has "T" channels running on top and sides - I haven't figured out what to use in there, but something will come up I'm sure. This is a huge upgrade from the stock fence I have using - (could kick myself for not doing this sooner).

Hope you can manage to get one in the Philippines.

The Following User Says Thank You to dusty roads For This Useful Post:
intrepid (09-28-2017)
post #11 of 13 Old 09-28-2017, 11:14 PM

These fences may be Craftsman's best kept secret. I like the one I put on my 113 series saw so well that I'm thinking of putting one on my 315 saw which came with a 12/24.
dusty roads likes this.
post #12 of 13 Old 09-29-2017, 03:05 AM

View allpurpose's Photo Album My Photos
I have an align-a-rip too.. For the craftsman 113 series it's a piece of cake to install, but it probably wouldn't hurt to ask questions as you go along installing if you run into problems. It's pretty much just unbolt the old and put in the new included bolts and slide into place. You may have to do some odd adjustments here and there, but nothing you can't accomplish with a set of wrenches and maybe a file to line up the fence itself if the holes aren't quite perfect. I had to file the holes to get the fence itself straight, but it was easy peazy ..
It may seem intimidating at first with all the parts, but once you get the first few bolts in and the first rail in it goes quick and looks like a brand new saw for a few days.. lol

I never use the micro adjuster thing, but it's there.
I can actually read a tape most days when my eyes aren't feeling like they were leftovers from the home for the blind.. lol
dusty roads and bbt95762 like this.

I figured it's time to change my signature so hold your breath. This is it.
Impressive, huh?

Last edited by allpurpose; 09-29-2017 at 03:12 AM.
post #13 of 13 Old 12-31-2017, 10:42 AM

View bbt95762's Photo Album My Photos
Hi Allpurpose, I have the same fence now (made for a 113.299 series, and my saw is a 113.298 series) I've noticed the fence is hard to drop in place, seems to hang up a bit when drop the front (in feed) side down. I'm looking at a couple possible adjustments - did you ever run into this issue? Thanks - Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpurpose View Post
I have an align-a-rip too.. For the craftsman 113 series it's a piece of cake to install, but it probably wouldn't hurt to ask questions as you go along installing if you run into problems. It's pretty much just unbolt the old and put in the new included bolts and slide into place. You may have to do some odd adjustments here and there, but nothing you can't accomplish with a set of wrenches and maybe a file to line up the fence itself if the holes aren't quite perfect. I had to file the holes to get the fence itself straight, but it was easy peazy ..
It may seem intimidating at first with all the parts, but once you get the first few bolts in and the first rail in it goes quick and looks like a brand new saw for a few days.. lol

I never use the micro adjuster thing, but it's there.
I can actually read a tape most days when my eyes aren't feeling like they were leftovers from the home for the blind.. lol

Tags
craftsman 113, fence upgrade, table saw

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode