Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
I ended up just doing it by trial and error. I think they could be set better still but I planed some oak and rubber wood that I had glued up and it worked fine. I was suprised how much quieter and better the planer worked with a new set of blades. I bought it used and the blades I just replaced were the blades that came with it. Wow, all the problems I was having are gone. Even the snipe isnt as bad.
I ended up not having to use the new blades because I was able to flip the existing blades.
Word of caution, I had excess glue on the rubber wood that i didnt bother wiping up because I knew I was going to plane it. Well I got some tiny nicks in the blade from the glue. Nothing that wouldnt get sanded out anyway but still bothersome.