Bosch gliding miter saw - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 09-21-2012, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
novice wood hacker

View d_slat's Photo Album My Photos
Bosch gliding miter saw

anyone have one or used one? how does it compare to other similar priced saws? I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on one for about 6 mos. now, and the opportunity may exist soon. Just wondering if I should pony up for this one, or buy the ridgid 12" slider since I don't use it a ton.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-21-2012, 11:35 AM
RAM Man

View sweensdv's Photo Album My Photos
I think your decision has already been made for you as I'm pretty certain that the Ridgid 12" slider was discontinued. You may find a leftover or two at your local HD's. Ridgid has come out with a 10" slider recently which they never had before.

Dave

Life is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-21-2012, 11:41 AM

View Dave Paine's Photo Album My Photos
I have the Bosch Glider. It replaced a Bosch 10in SCMS which only beveled in one direction, and was direct drive, so it could not cut 4in stock in one pass.

I love the machine. The dust collection is "better" but still generates a good amount of dust. I think this will be the case will other mitre saws.

The articulating arms do feel to glide.

I like the fact I can keep the saw parked close to the wall on my bench so the swivel locking screw does not protrude too much.

The previous saw I had to move forward for use, and then push back for storage to avoid my hitting the swivel locking screw.

My shop is a garage and so I am constrained for space.

The saw makes nice smooth cuts. The fence has split level adjustments. The base extends.

I do not know how it compares to other manufacturers. I liked the articulating design, and I like Bosch tools which was enough for me to pull my trigger.

You can likely see more reviews on the purchasing sites like Amazon etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode