Any experience with a Hitachi C10RA table saw - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 05-10-2019, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

View rexracer707's Photo Album My Photos
Any experience with a Hitachi C10RA table saw

Craigslist has one for $30, I missed a older delta for $100 the other day.

It looks like its 220v, it's in good shape, was wondering if its belt drive or direct, the only manuals I could find where for newer ones.

Hit Hard, hit fast and hit often -Admiral Halsey-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-10-2019, 10:45 AM

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
I had one direct drive saw I used for about 20 years that was direct drive and I'm currently using one that is belt driven which I've been using for 26 years that is belt driven. The direct drive saw had a 12" blade on it only because it took that size blade to make up for the space the motor takes up. Other than having to buy more expensive blades the difference didn't matter to me.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-10-2019, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

View rexracer707's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Neul View Post
I had one direct drive saw I used for about 20 years that was direct drive and I'm currently using one that is belt driven which I've been using for 26 years that is belt driven. The direct drive saw had a 12" blade on it only because it took that size blade to make up for the space the motor takes up. Other than having to buy more expensive blades the difference didn't matter to me.
And those are Hitachi you are referring to?

Hit Hard, hit fast and hit often -Admiral Halsey-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-10-2019, 11:49 AM

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexracer707 View Post
And those are Hitachi you are referring to?
No, I was speaking about table saws in general. The direct drive saw was a Craftsman and the belt driven saw was a Delta Unisaw. I would probably still be using the Craftsman saw but the motor burned up and the motor shop didn't want to work on it because the case was suppose to be glued together. Had the saw been belt driven I could have bought a replacement motor anywhere but the Craftsman saw used a special motor that only they made and it had been discontinued by the time I needed one. On the way home from the motor shop I stopped by a tool store and they had the Unisaw so I bought it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode