Woodworking Talk banner

Miter spring clamps

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  bob493 
#1 ·
Bought a set of Collins miter spring clamps, and the pliers anticipating some trim I was installing today, lots of outside corners.

I have to say, these things are really slick, doesn't necessarily make the job go faster, but it is nice to use them to hold things together while you get all of the cuts dialed in.

I just ordered more clamps, the kit came with 4, I made do with 4, but could have used more.

Can't wait to do the crown in this room in a week or two with the clamps.

#6 ·
I have this set, I believe these were some of the first on the market, made in Germany. Bought them years ago and have used them quite a bit. When trimming out a whole house, I would measure and cut all the casing for picture framing the windows, glue the joints and clamp them. Then I would predrill each joint and put a 2" screw in each one where it didn't show. By the time I go at done with the last frame, the first would be set up to where it could be handled. Then I would apply all the frames. Goes quickly and the joints stay tight.
Mike Hawkins

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.