I'm Gittin' me some Handplanes! - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 05-28-2011, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
The Young Blood

View Locodcdude's Photo Album My Photos
I'm Gittin' me some Handplanes!

I've been sitting around for AGES it seems like. All I have is one block plane in my collection. If you would even call a collection "one".. Any how, I don't have a jointer, so I figured this would be a good time to do it. I looked on ebay and found some pretty good deals on planes. I guess after the long winter, everyone is selling their crap out of their garage. I purchased these "Beauties" LOL.. Last night. Check em out below. I'm also buying a jointer plane, a smoothing plane, a low angle block plane, and possibly a spokeshave if I get the right deal. Chisels will be another thing I'm buying. But I'm buying those new, I want to have first at them. Anyhow, here's the picture of the stuff I bought last night. 1 of them looks good, and the other 4 look like junk, which I plan on putting them on the top shelf as memorabilia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Really underground garage

View BWSmith's Photo Album My Photos
Loco.........didn't even read your post.Just wanted to say,was usin a Stanley 78(my Dad's)with the guide fence yesterday.Uuuuuuhhhh,words just can't do justice.Reached up on the shelf,grabbed the 78.....set the fence....and in about 20 seconds total,"licked" a cpl extended rabbits and got on with the whole project.It just don't get any faster than that.BW

Those who say it cannot be done shouldn't interrupt the people doing it.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-28-2011, 12:45 PM
In History is the Future

View firemedic's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locodcdude
I've been sitting around for AGES it seems like. All I have is one block plane in my collection. If you would even call a collection "one".. Any how, I don't have a jointer, so I figured this would be a good time to do it. I looked on ebay and found some pretty good deals on planes. I guess after the long winter, everyone is selling their crap out of their garage. I purchased these "Beauties" LOL.. Last night. Check em out below. I'm also buying a jointer plane, a smoothing plane, a low angle block plane, and possibly a spokeshave if I get the right deal. Chisels will be another thing I'm buying. But I'm buying those new, I want to have first at them. Anyhow, here's the picture of the stuff I bought last night. 1 of them looks good, and the other 4 look like junk, which I plan on putting them on the top shelf as memorabilia.
Cool man, looks like a no 3 stanley... I picked up a no 6 Bailey last night on eBay for cheap. Not expecting much though.

Just take your time and try not to buy impulsively... So you still have some jingle-jangle when 'that' deal comes along...

~tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-28-2011, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
The Young Blood

View Locodcdude's Photo Album My Photos
BW, I'm glad to hear you like that plane, I'm hoping to stock up on some of these just to make life a little easier around the shop, and have the capabilities to do more without buying an expensive power tool.

Tom,
I've been looking around for a while like I said, and this seemed like a pretty good deal to me. the stanley was selling for about $5-10 in the same or worse condition. All of the other's we're $5-8 by them selves. So I'm happy I made this purchase and can't WAIT to get them all tuned up and ready for work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode