GIVEAWAY: Triton Dual Mode Precision Plunge Router TRA001 - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

11Likes

post #1 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

View Cricket's Photo Album My Photos
GIVEAWAY: Triton Dual Mode Precision Plunge Router TRA001

We are so excited to announce that we have partnered with Triton Tools to giveaway a Triton Dual Mode Precision Plunge Router TRA001!

To enter, simply reply to this thread with your response to the following question.

Why do you love woodworking? How did you get started?

On March 1, 2017 we will do random drawings from the responses in this thread to select the winner.

Added Note: Responses to this thread should be limited to entering the giveaway by responding to the posted question.

Dual Mode Precision Plunge Router 2400W / 3-1/4hp

Powerful 2400W / 3-1/4hp electronically controlled motor. Single spanner Ďabove tableí cutter changing. Automatic shaft lock and power lock-off during cutter change mode. Fast plunge depth adjustment with winder handle and fine depth adjustment with micro winder. Quick switching to conventional plunge mode. Removable plunge spring for easy lifting and adjustment. Effective dust port.

Triton Dual Mode Precision Plunge Router TRA001

• 1/2" and 1/4" collet for a greater range of bit fitment
  • 3-1/4hp / 15A motor provides enough power for even the toughest timbers
  • Automatic spindle lock engages only when power switch cover is closed
  • Soft start and variable speed provides the perfect speed for all cutter types
  • Single button switches from plunge to fixed based router with rack and pinion adjustment
  • Micro winder enables continuous fine depth adjustment through the full plunge range
  • Rack and pinion height adjustment and table winder eliminates the need for expensive lifting mechanisms when used with router tables
  • Electronic speed control ensures a fine finish on all materials
  • Removable plunge spring for easy bit adjustment when table mounted
  • 3-stage turret with direct reading scales for precise pre-set cut depths
  • Fully enclosed guarding provides maximum protection from the cut zone and assists dust extraction
  • Multi-function fence provides optimum control for hand-held use and circle cutting
  • Quick-fit pins for fast fitment and removal from the fence and RTA300 Router Table
  • Side air vents reduce intake of dust into the motor casing when mounted upside-down in a router table
  • Excellent dust extraction for a cleaner, safer working environment
  • Easy access brushes allows the end user to change worn brushes
  • Single wrench bit change through the base is achieved with the automatic spindle lock
  • Safety Switch Shutter locks closed in bit-change mode to prevent router being switched on

Sponsored by: Triton Tools
Name:  Triton_Logo.png
Views: 413
Size:  4.2 KB

"Show respect even to people who donít deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 12:51 PM

View woodworker4800's Photo Album My Photos
I started building boxes, when I was about 12 to keep all of my Control line plane stuff in. I have loved woodworking ever since.
Cricket likes this.
post #3 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 01:02 PM

View Toolman50's Photo Album My Photos
I love woodworking because it's a very versatile hobby that can be practiced well into old age. It's a hobby that can offer challenges even to the most skilled woodworker. As evidenced on our forum, woodworking spans a wide selection of projects from very small intricate toys to very large construction. Something to interest everyone.
Cricket likes this.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you have time to do it over?

post #4 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 01:13 PM
Interested Observer

View subroc's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Why do you love woodworking?
It is all about the DIY possibilities that woodworking offers. For the most part, I get a lot of satisfaction from the completed project and expect some could call that love.

Quote:
How did you get started?
I got started by a need and desire to do it myself on projects that center around fixing the house up. Hopefully, when that work is complete I will venture into some more difficult and challenging woodworking projects.
Cricket likes this.
post #5 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 01:18 PM

View JamesTinKS's Photo Album My Photos
I love woodworking
Because I get to do something I enjoy and then I get to make people happy when I give them the things I have made.
I got started
In 9th grade shop class. I got my own shop when I moved to a place that had room.
Cricket likes this.
post #6 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 01:42 PM

View jdswarner's Photo Album My Photos
Nature and Woodworking

I love woodworking because of the feeling of working with what nature gave you. It is a huge stress reliever for me. I love seeing people's amazement with what I have created. I really got started in shop class in high school. But my father was always letting me tinker and build.
Cricket likes this.
post #7 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 02:15 PM

View craigwbryant's Photo Album My Photos
Why do I love woodworking?

It allows me to actually create something. Even as an engineer, most of my "work" is done in the theoretical, I rarely get to actually see something created, with woodworking, I do. Also, as I have begun to make pieces that I'm not embarrassed to have in the house for others to see it is extremely rewarding. Lastly, woodworking is a hobby that can transcend ages. My father is a woodworker, and now my sons are beginning to be interested in what happens out in the garage while daddy is out there. I can see a time in the near future where my father, sons, and I will all be working together on a project.

How did I get started?

I had installed new hardwood floors in my house and I couldn't find any thresholds/transitions to cover the areas where the flooring went from tile to wood that I really liked. My father (as mentioned, a woodworker) had a router table, amongst other tools. I took some measurements, came up with a drawing of what I needed and he and I went out into his shop, found a piece of oak, and started working. After that I was hooked. I picked up one of his Wood magazines that had a plan for a blanket chest, make out of plywood with simple butt joinery and screws to hold it together. My wife was pregnant with baby number 1 at the time, so I decided to have a run at building it to add to the baby's room. From there the obsession just grew, built a few bookcases, some other small occasional pieces for the house, and most recently a new kitchen table for the family. Learning new skills and growing the arsenal along the way.
Cricket likes this.
post #8 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 02:19 PM

View Dodis's Photo Album My Photos
Have always been hands on, trying to see how things worked. Fixing things, tearing them apart, and sometimes getting them back together! Wood is an easy enough medium to work with and be able to build something useful for many different uses. Plus the compliments received when a project is done, and especially from people that are amazed that I didn't have to just go buy it. Took the same route as well for some welding, but equipment and material costs have kept that growth considerably slower... And since my paying work is sitting in front of a computer 8 hrs. a day, it is very nice to actually create something.

How did you get started?
Almost a family tradition, but not quite like those that worked their dad's shop. My grandfather and all his family grew up in West Texas, and had to either build it themselves or do without, especially during the depression. That ability turned into him becoming a cabinetmaker. Although, by the time I was old enough to pay attention and develop the interest, he was retired and in poor health. But my older bother took up the calling and got into carpentry for several years, so that kept my interest up. Then after my grandfather passed, my mom started making wooden toys as a way to best keep her memories of her father. Then as I started helping more and more, the interest built even more. Still has not turned into the full-blown hobby that it has for some, but being able to build some small projects, shop jigs, and cabinets as needed, plus make household repairs has been quite satisfying.
Cricket likes this.

Mike
Texas Gulf Coast
Weekend Wood Wrecker...
post #9 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 02:52 PM
Wood machinist

View difalkner's Photo Album My Photos
The beauty in the wood, to see it shimmer, to shape it to fit what I see, the chance to create something unique, the satisfaction of having an idea and seeing it become a tangible and useful object - all of these factor into why I love woodworking.

How did you get started?
As a young boy I began building things around the house, often with my Dad, and that transitioned into building and remodeling as I grew older and bought my first house. I would see something in stores and go home to replicate it in my shop. 50+ years later I'm still doing the same thing only most of what I build now is for someone else.
Cricket likes this.

David

Nothing to do with woodworking at all, just our music at church (I'm the guy with the Koa Takamine) - Airline Baptist BC Songs
Romans 3:23
post #10 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 03:02 PM

View arvanlaar's Photo Album My Photos
I love woodworking because it is such a varied hobby with so many different disciplines to learn and master. I am still super new and have tons to learn. I am fairly young and I know this hobby will provide me with years of excitement and challenges to enjoy solving :)

I started woodworking after dating (and then marrying) a most wonderful woman whose family are world famous sail boat makers and seeing their shop and the amazing things that could be made from wood.
Cricket likes this.
post #11 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 03:08 PM

View gmercer_48083's Photo Album My Photos
Woodworking for me is an enjoyable way for me to take an idea from a simple thought...all the way to a completed item. I got hooked when I was very young (about seven years old) watching my father create things from wood, and as I watched and learned. I remember that even at a young age, I could have done it differently. As I grew up I always had a passion for doing woodworking, and my skill improved as I learned by doing more challenging projects. I started with simple hand tools at first, then added power tools as I could afford them. Now after over 50 years I am more passionate than ever about woodworking. Woodworking is such a variable, creative, and thought provoking hobby for me and I have never lost interest...in fact I find myself thinking about it all of the time. It is truly a hobby that can teach you to accomplish! It is also something where your skill always improves by doing, and I highly recommend it!
Cricket likes this.
post #12 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 03:47 PM

View Maintenance Man's Photo Album My Photos
I find woodworking fulfilling. I've heard many folks say that it's in their blood and I agree. It just seems like a skill I was born to explore. I got started making a box for our family bible when I was a teenager. Next I made a quilt rack for my Mom. Then I bought a house and it's been one project after another since. It really is a passion.
Cricket likes this.
post #13 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 05:03 PM

View MrFrost's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Allows me to express myself and forget about the stresses of my work life.

Quote:
How did you get started?
I wanted to make my fiance a jewelry box, and she commented how she prefers hand made things over store bought items.
post #14 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 06:37 PM

View RoughDraft's Photo Album My Photos
I get to make the people I love things that they want and I enjoy doing it. I was tired of spending money on a classic car, wanted my time and effort to go to something that wont disappear if I decide to sell a car. And I wanted a bench swing so I made a bench swing.
post #15 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 06:40 PM
Village Idiot

View epicfail48's Photo Album My Photos
I love woodworking because it's a fantastic way to blow off some steam, going down into the shop and making something. It's also a lot cheaper to build a dining table than it is to buy something.

I can't remember exactly when I got started, woodworking has been one of those things I've just always done. I grew up with my father always building balsa wood model planes and the like, and I always loved tinkering. I really started getting all my equipment about 3 years ago and getting a lot further in to the craft

I need cheaper hobby
etsy.com/shop/projectepicfail
post #16 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 06:44 PM

View sanchez's Photo Album My Photos
I love woodworking because I can make things that make people happy.

I got started because I needed some place to put my tools, so I built a multi purpose workbench. Then I started making small things for my wife and daughters, and moved on to bigger and better things.
post #17 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 06:45 PM

View shoot summ's Photo Album My Photos
I love woodworking as it is a way to physically, and visually complete something. I've worked in the virtual world of IT for all of my career, so projects don't always have an end, and you typically can't see that you completed something. In addition the things I create out of wood will likely be here long after I'm gone, which I think is pretty cool.

It all started for me in 7th Grade wood shop, I knew then that I loved working with wood.
post #18 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 07:34 PM

View Terry Q's Photo Album My Photos

I love woodworking because what you make will last for generations.

I take pride in my work, but in my previous life (before retirement) I owned a bicycle store, and as much as I enjoyed repairing bicycles, I knew the repairs would last for weeks, or months, or even years, but the bicycles would eventually become obsolete and discarded.

Now I build things that I hope will be passed down for generations and that brings joy to my work, knowing that what I create will be appreciated long after I'm gone.

How did you get started?

I started woodworking seriously after I retired. I had the time, the money, and my daughter and son-in-law bought a condemned 4500 square foot fraternity house with a 1400 square foot carriage house on the property, in equally bad shape. Lots of projects to keep me busy for years from carpentry to cabinetry. Plus I get to take over most of the basement of the 4500 square foot house for my workshop and wood storage. When I die, they get a well equipped workshop and I never have to worry about moving the machinery out of the basement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #19 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 09:04 PM

View MatthewEOD's Photo Album My Photos
I love woodworking because it allows me to make things that will last for my family instead of buying junk furniture. I starrd with my grandfather building a table for myself to use as a computer desk when I was 18, started up as an adult when I had a place of my own to do stuff.
post #20 of 67 Old 02-15-2017, 09:35 PM

View Kerrys's Photo Album My Photos
My first real job was working in a small cabinet shop. We mostly made kitchen cabinets but occasionally did custom jobs such as desks or tables and other projects. I worked in a couple different small shops and eventually ended up working in a large shop employing about 40 people and building mostly modular style kitchen cabinets. Somehow I became the shop manager in charge of production and the forty or so people working there. I was around 25, in over my head and I knew it. I left the shop and started my own business installing kitchens and doing finish work. This lead to myself and a 2 other guys to start framing houses which I did for about 10 years. I broke my back while building a house and had to give up construction work.

I spent the next 20 years or so working behind a desk. During that time I picked up a couple of hobbies. One of which was photography. I started framing my images for sale and once again acquired some woodworking tools to be able to do this. This rekindle my love for woodworking and I put together enough tools into a small shop to do little projects for our home.

A little over 3 years ago I was diagnosed with a terminal illness and declared disabled and could not work. My disabilities also limited my ability to get around and I had to give up a lot of my photography and my other hobby, fly fishing. I could still work in my little shop and expanded it so I could spend more of my time working on projects. I can spend several hours a day working with wood in my small shop as long as it isn't to cold. Next addition will be to heat my work area.

I still pick up my camera when I can get someone to go with me. I can't wade the rivers very well anymore, inspite of this I still pickup the fly rod on occasion but it is my woodworking that keeps me occupied mostly. Without it I would likely be an expert in soap operas. Not a place I want to be.

Last edited by Kerrys; 02-15-2017 at 09:38 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode