Woodworking Talk banner

Corner Storage Bench - First SketchUp design

16K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  ink 
#1 ·
First post on these boards! I do spend a little time over on DIYChatroom.

This is my first attempt at using SketchUp, and this will be my first attempt at making furniture. I've used dimensionally correct lumber in this, and most of it is either 3/4 or 1/2 plywood. The trim pieces will be 1x4's. Everything will be painted... it's wood color here just because that was easy.

The top will have cushions attached to it.

The gap in the trim and the inset back is to accommodate a baseboard heater that exists where I will be placing this unit.

I'm open to any thoughts or suggestions!

Thanks,
inK

Attachments

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
@JMC Thanks!

@DaddysCool I don't have designs, but I'm happy to share the sketchUp files with you if you want to explode it out and modify it to fit your needs.

I did find a little help online.. more on how to build it than designs, though. This one is just a plywood box; 3/4" sides, 1/2" bottom. I'll use some 1x4's for the trim and some quarter-round on the insides of the panels. The top will be 3/4" ply w/ a solid piece of pine or something glued and planed to the lip so I can bevel an edge into it.

I'll be documenting the building of it on my blog... I'll probably be getting started in the next week or so once I finish my taxes. :)

inK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.