Well, here's my screen door v1.0
It's made of pine 5/4" x 6" for the stiles, top and bottom rails, and 5/4" x 4" for the middle rail. The boards came primed.
I used pocket screws and TB III (thanks Rich!) to join the rails and stiles. Next step is painting.
One of the challenges in this project is that the door frame isn't square. Further complicating matters, the floor across which the door sweeps when opened is tilted quite a bit, probably 3/4" to 1" difference in five feet of floor.
It also took me a while to get things quite right when it came to using the Kreg Pocket Hole Jig. I love the thing, and am excited by how I can use it to build many things that would have beyond my reach (e.g., building a chest of drawers). It just took me a number of tries before I got an intuitive sense of what it was doing and why and when I might be making a mistake.
This initial struggle with Kreg Jig is related to a broader tendency I have to act (drill a hole, drive a screw, hammer a nail, make a cut, etc.) without fulling thinking through the implications of what I've done.
My next project is indeed a chest of drawers and I am spending a lot of time up front working on the design, including where and how to join the wood, before I ever buy a piece of wood or take a tool to it.
Thanks again for all the helpful responses to my questions. This was a great learning experience, both building the door and using this thread.
Michael Beers, Veteran Dilettante