Woodworking Talk banner

Resawing on a band saw.

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Longknife 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I just saw that about 2 days ago.

It sure makes it simple to understand. I guess I'll be getting a
1 1'4 TPI blade bandsaw mill ...hah hah.... Trouble is to properly tension those wide blades you need a stout frame on your saw.
I've done OK with 1/2" and 3/4" 3TPI blades so far, but when these get worn out, I may try a wider blade with fewer teeth per inch. There is a different theory that a narrow blade is better for resawning. I think Bret out at Lola Ranch recommends it.
:blink: bill

#5 ·
It sure makes it simple to understand. I guess I'll be getting a
1 1'4 TPI blade bandsaw mill ...hah hah.... Trouble is to properly tension those wide blades you need a stout frame on your saw.
I've done OK with 1/2" and 3/4" 3TPI blades so far, but when these get worn out, I may try a wider blade with fewer teeth per inch. There is a different theory that a narrow blade is better for resawning. I think Bret out at Lola Ranch recommends it.
:blink: bill
Yes. I've had good luck re-sawing using a 3/8" or 1/4" blade 3TPI or so. It has to be sharp. I once invested in a carbide tipped 1" blade for re-sawing and I thought it was a waste of money. The saw is the variable. We will all get different results depending on the saw we use. There is no "one" right way.

Bret

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.