Woodworking Talk banner

Hello

730 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  robertwsimpson 
#1 ·
Hey all,
I’m about to invest in one of those small sheds to use as a workshop. I don’t need a lot of space, I figure a lot of planing and what not can be done outside for the most part. My main concern is noise. Has anyone tried these sheds for a shop, and have any advice on sound proofing to keep from bothering neighbors too much? Would the plastic/Rubbermaid style be better than the metal ones? Could I get something to line the walls with?
Any input or advice would be appreciated
Please and thanks!

#2 ·
Welcome here to this friendly WW forum, where there is always room for one more. Depending on the size of your shed, your planned projects, and how close your neighbors are, there will be contained noise, dust, heat, and cold. Consider a lockable shed, and those larger tools should be movable (in-out on wheels) for usage, which IMO may become a pain to work on any project. As for metal or plastic - metal can be "patched", but plastic never seems to stand up to the elements. Be safe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.