Woodworking Talk banner

this is my favorite youtube timber framer:

9K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  35015 
#1 ·
#9 ·
If you get the chance, look for videos of Dick Proenneke, "Alone in the Wilderness". He built a cabin and lived in it for 30 years, mostly alone in Alaska.

I was amazed at the hand sawn boards he made for shelves. They looked perfectly straight and even thickness. I have trouble hand sawing a straight line through a 2x4.

#11 ·
Hello JohnMark, et al,

I am very pleased that you brought attention to Joshua's work and his videos. (I was there about 3 weeks ago for a visit)

Joshua, besides being a dear friend and fellow Marine, is a student of mine. He does not participate on forums much (if at all?) but I will pass your kind words of praise onto to him.

If you have any detailed questions..??...I will be glad to address them...

Warm Regards, and again thanks to all for noticing and watching his and his wife's videos!!

#13 ·
Josh tries to handle what he can on his channel most of the time...

I handle other stuff when he asks me to and/or is overburdened...He and I may teach together, and we have discuss several project/class possibility outlines...

As of now, he does not do "in person" answering of questions at his place, or on forums...I field those when I have time to...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.