Woodworking Talk banner

Identify this tree. Help :)

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  phinds 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm looking for the tree silhouette of a rose wood tree type.

I am also looking for a walnut tree silhouette but I am not sure if it is in this tree sample image.

Please tell me which one is closest to each tree with the corresponding number if you can please :)

Thank you!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
There are so many different types of walnut trees that a number of your profiles 'could' represent one. For instance, 17 represents what I commonly see in eastern black walnut, while 6 represents what I commonly see in nogal walnut. That's only two of at least half a dozen walnuts I know of that grow here in the USA. There are many more than half a dozen walnut types, though. And for every type of walnut, there are probably a dozen types of rosewood. I'd have to guess there are at least 100, probably far more, species of rosewoods growing around the world. Some are big trees while some are bushes. Point being, your profiling is too vague. You might be best to choose a specific type of tree and look at google images to get your profile. Sorry if this doesn't help much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.