Add router table to table saw - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 03-05-2010, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

View bigfoote's Photo Album My Photos
Add router table to table saw

I just bought a ridgid R4510 and love it so far. I need a router table and thinking that I may be able to build one into my table saw. Does anyone know if it can be easily done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-06-2010, 03:02 AM

View klawman's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfoote View Post
I just bought a ridgid R4510 and love it so far. I need a router table and thinking that I may be able to build one into my table saw. Does anyone know if it can be easily done?
If you mean the Ridgid R4511, I got the same saw. Look around the neet and you will find what others have done. Some replace the left extension table with a router table and others remove the stock 2 piece fence rails and replace them with a single piece rail, both front and back, that is longer than the original rails. Then they insert a router table to the right of the right extension table. No one has attached a router table to the granite for fear of cracking. I would suggest some kind of vertical support for a router table, but really know nothing about them.

I am still pondering my first blade to replace the stock Ridgid blade. Meanwhile I think I have set my saw up pretty well, but still ordered a TS-Aligner Jr.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-06-2010, 06:34 AM

View garryswf's Photo Album My Photos
Nothing is "Easy"

But yes you can add a router table to your table saw, i am in the process right now. Also the router table fence will be incoporated onto the TS fence. If you would like some pictures i can post them.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-06-2010, 08:58 AM
RDR
The Dude abides...

View RDR's Photo Album My Photos
Me, too!

Biofoote,

I have the same saw, and love it, too. I purchased it based on this post:

NEW Ridgid R4510 Portable Table Saw (Replaces 24XX) PICS!

Check it out. It includes a drawing of a drop-in router table, that I also made. It is pretty simple to build, and works well, too. You'll also have to make a fence to attach to your saw's fence, but that's pretty easy, too.

I didn't have an aluminum plate laying around, as was used in the original design for the table, but I bought a cheap little plastic cutting board and used that to attach my router to. It slides great. Everything else is built from scrap I had laying around. So, with the cutting board and the L brackets, I've got about 6 dollars invested

Hope this helps.

-Rich

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode