Snake Skin Pen Blanks - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 33 Old 12-01-2012, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE

View BassBlaster's Photo Album My Photos
Snake Skin Pen Blanks

I have a few snake blanks ready to go. These are western diamond back rattlesnake. They are allready tubed to fit Sierra kits. There are several kits that use the same size tubes as the Sierra but I dont know all of them. If you want these for something other than a Sierra, please research to make sure they will fit.

Price is $15 per blank plus $3.50 shipping. If you buy more than one blank I will only charge you shipping once. Please select by number. If you need pics of individual blanks I can do that as well.

When end milling these, be sure your mill is very sharp and make sure your turning tools are freshly sharpened. I also reccomend sanding the press fit componants to where they can be pressed together by hand and using a drop of CA or Loctite to keep everything secure. If they are tight enough that they have to be pressed they will expand the tube and seperate the resin causing an ugly cloudiness in the blank. Snake blanks are fairly delicate untill put together but make for a beautiful pen. I do not reccomend these blanks for someone just starting to turn or for someone that has never turned acrylics.

I'll have more in the future and will also have blanks that fit the Jr. series of pens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SS1.jpg
Views:	2642
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	56122  

RRBrown, knottscott and many others were banned, they didn't just leave. They were banned for standing up to the new owners that are destroying this site. Come join us all at woodworking chat, the best new woodworking site on the net!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 12-01-2012, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Rus, if you see this thread, I have your blanks set aside and will get them packed up and headed your way.

RRBrown, knottscott and many others were banned, they didn't just leave. They were banned for standing up to the new owners that are destroying this site. Come join us all at woodworking chat, the best new woodworking site on the net!!
The Following User Says Thank You to BassBlaster For This Useful Post:
RusDemka (12-06-2012)
post #3 of 33 Old 12-02-2012, 04:52 PM

View PSDkevin's Photo Album My Photos
What size are the tubes Bass? I am interested depending. They are nice!
post #4 of 33 Old 12-02-2012, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

They are a 27/64" tube. Not sure of the length. They fit the Sierra, the Elegant Beauty's, the Virage and some others. I know there are some other kits that use the same tube but Im not sure of all of them. I dont think they will fit the Sierra click.

post #5 of 33 Old 12-02-2012, 05:08 PM
The New Guy

View Itchytoe's Photo Album My Photos
The Sierra kit is one of my favorites. I'll take all of them that PSDkevin doesn't want. He did respond first, so if he wants them, I have to let him have what he wants.
post #6 of 33 Old 12-02-2012, 05:30 PM

View wendell white's Photo Album My Photos
Got here late...BassBlaster would you put me down for 4 or more of the next batch?
Those are super looking
Thanks
post #7 of 33 Old 12-02-2012, 07:11 PM

Not the right size. If you make some in 3/8" I'd like a few
post #8 of 33 Old 12-02-2012, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchytoe View Post
The Sierra kit is one of my favorites. I'll take all of them that PSDkevin doesn't want. He did respond first, so if he wants them, I have to let him have what he wants.
Looks like your up Itchy. I'll PM my Paypal address. Thanks.

post #9 of 33 Old 12-02-2012, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell white View Post
Got here late...BassBlaster would you put me down for 4 or more of the next batch?
Those are super looking
Thanks
My next batch will be Jr series tubes. They fit the Jr Gent II, Jr Statesmen, etc. The will be $30 or $35. I havnt set down and figured my cost on those yet.

If you for sure want some like posted here, I'll go ahead and order some more Sierre tubes and try and fit a few in for ya. I can PM you when finished and we'll work out the payment then. Could be a few weeks though.

post #10 of 33 Old 12-02-2012, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDkevin View Post
Not the right size. If you make some in 3/8" I'd like a few
What kit are you looking to put them on? I'm getting ready to make some 3/8" but they will be for the CSUSA long click. I have to make them kit specific or at least tube specific because of how the process works. I also buy my molds specific to the tubes. If I know what they are for, I may be able to make something happen. Oh and if I'm able to make what you need, Id be interested in a trade for some of the sweet cherry burl!!

post #11 of 33 Old 12-02-2012, 08:08 PM

Psi bolt action.
post #12 of 33 Old 12-02-2012, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

I may be able to pour those in my Sierra mold. I'll check the specifics and get back with ya. If I can do it, it will be a few weeks but I'll let ya know.

post #13 of 33 Old 12-02-2012, 08:16 PM

Cool. Did u check out the blanks I posted? Perhaps we can work a trade.
post #14 of 33 Old 12-02-2012, 08:20 PM

View wendell white's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBlaster
My next batch will be Jr series tubes. They fit the Jr Gent II, Jr Statesmen, etc. The will be $30 or $35. I havnt set down and figured my cost on those yet.

If you for sure want some like posted here, I'll go ahead and order some more Sierre tubes and try and fit a few in for ya. I can PM you when finished and we'll work out the payment then. Could be a few weeks though.
Yes I would like some in the Sierre tubes 4 to 6 will do.... Just pm me when you have total and I will PayPal...thanks
post #15 of 33 Old 12-02-2012, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I saw your blanks. I'm definately interested in some of those cherry burl but I wanna make sure I can get what you need before I commit to a trade so if someone gets them before I know, I'm sure you'll have something else I like.

I checked the dimensions of the bolt action tube and its only 7/32" shorter than a Sierra. I think I can pull it off, you'll just have a little extra resin to trim off the ends. I'm going to order a few tubes and see how they fit the mold. As long as they fit, I'll get em done. How many would you want?

post #16 of 33 Old 12-02-2012, 08:31 PM

I guess 2. I have a feeling they'll sell pretty well but I wanna float a test balloon. Then perhaps a bunch more after that.
post #17 of 33 Old 12-02-2012, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell white View Post
Yes I would like some in the Sierre tubes 4 to 6 will do.... Just pm me when you have total and I will PayPal...thanks
No problem, like I said, It will be a few weeks but I'll get em done. Thanks.

post #18 of 33 Old 12-02-2012, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDkevin View Post
I guess 2. I have a feeling they'll sell pretty well but I wanna float a test balloon. Then perhaps a bunch more after that.
Lol, no problem. I'll get back with ya. Thanks.

post #19 of 33 Old 12-03-2012, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

This lot is sold guys. Thanks. More to come, stay tuned!!

Oh, if anyone knows where I can get my hands on some soft tanned copperhead skins for a reasonable price, Id love to know.

post #20 of 33 Old 12-03-2012, 08:28 PM
master sawdust maker

View Wema826's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBlaster View Post
This lot is sold guys. Thanks. More to come, stay tuned!!

Oh, if anyone knows where I can get my hands on some soft tanned copperhead skins for a reasonable price, Id love to know.
Hey Bass, i live in Copperhead central (middle TN) ill check around and see if I can find any skins or where to get em!

Oh i found this link online, I do not know what what is reasonable, but here it is http://www.americanheadhunters.com/reptiles.html

John,

Confidence does not come from always being right. It comes from not being afraid to be wrong.

Last edited by Wema826; 12-03-2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: recent find of link
The Following User Says Thank You to Wema826 For This Useful Post:
BassBlaster (12-04-2012)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode