Some assembly required. - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 6 Old 03-18-2017, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
Some assembly required.

Gees, and they have the nerve to write "real simple" on the box. A customer of mine bought this kitchen island from Bed, Bath and Beyond and when they opened the box there were so many little pieces they wouldn't attempt to put it together and called me. I managed to put it together but it took me two and a half hours. I think there were probably more than 50 pieces to put together.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0368.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	285361  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-18-2017, 09:00 PM

View Toolman50's Photo Album My Photos
Probably money well spent for your customer. You probably did a better job than they would have.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you have time to do it over?
post #3 of 6 Old 03-18-2017, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman50 View Post
Probably money well spent for your customer. You probably did a better job than they would have.
The island was a piece of junk though. The bulk of it was made out of particleboard and masonite. The solid wood butcher block top was banded with solid wood on all four sides entirely glued together. Nothing whatsoever allowing for any wood movement.

post #4 of 6 Old 03-18-2017, 10:57 PM

View Rebelwork's Photo Album My Photos
Careful.... My wife has worked their for 13yrs....
post #5 of 6 Old 03-19-2017, 12:19 AM

View Tree Hugger's Photo Album My Photos
Steve ; That's 3 minutes per piece ( 2.5 hrs and 50 pcs.)......was there any beer involved ?

Hah...I just happened to witness one being wrestled together last weekend at a friends house ... glad I wasn't a part of it ...my money was on the cart winning that fight.

Woodworking does knot ever make me board.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-19-2017, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree Hugger View Post
Steve ; That's 3 minutes per piece ( 2.5 hrs and 50 pcs.)......was there any beer involved ?

Hah...I just happened to witness one being wrestled together last weekend at a friends house ... glad I wasn't a part of it ...my money was on the cart winning that fight.
No beer, with that many parts there was a lot of sifting through the all the parts trying to find the right part at the right time and unwrapping the packaging.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode