Program for to figure material list - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 10-15-2008, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
WDB

View WDB's Photo Album My Photos
Program for to figure material list

Is there a program out there that will figure out what raw material you need based on your measurements that you input? I am considering a project that has a high piece count, around 205 or so. Needless to say the potential for considerable scrap, wasted money, is there. I need something that I can tell " I need 2, 3/4x4x22, 4, 3/4x1 1/4x12 and so on and it tells me the appropriate amount of boards to get.

Thanks,

Warren
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-17-2008, 01:46 AM

View Gus Dering's Photo Album My Photos
What kind of work do you do?
The cabinet industry has a ton of software for that. I use Cabinet Vision. But you have to do alot of homework before you jump. And with any design software there is a learning curve to deal with.
It's not for everybody but I can not operate without it.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-17-2008, 10:31 AM

Location: Amidst of 1000 acers of crawfish ponds under a 500 year old Oak grove. SW La
View Handyman's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via AIM to Handyman
Dont know if this is going to help you but, I use Microsoft Works 7.0 and useing their blank spread sheet I wrote spread sheets that calulate all my materals to build fences, decks, and small buildings. I have blank spaces that I type in width, lenth, and hight, and it prints out a materal list for me. Now I didnt just build these spread sheets in minutes. Each one took me 3 or 4 hours each. But I only had to it once. I have been using them over and over for years now.

Collector of Old Tools
Fixer of all things broke
Expert = Drip under pressure
post #4 of 4 Old 10-17-2008, 07:44 PM

View jeffreythree's Photo Album My Photos
Since my computer crashed, I can't find the cool free one I had that let me specify all of the dimensions of the boards i had and it would fit all of my cut pieces on them in the best way. It came form here, I think: http://www.woodweb.com/Resources/RSS...onnection.html

"Say hello to my little friend" Macie Clark, Christmas 2010

http://texaswoodlot.blogspot.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode