Woodworking Talk banner

Good sanding paper?

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  RJH30518 
#1 ·
I have quarter sheet Black and Decker sander. What are good brands of sanding paper to use with palm sanders? Just recently, I have purchased some sanding paper but the backing is very thin and sheets rip after less than one square feet of sanding.

#3 ·
Stick to a decent name brand, e.g 3m, klingspor, mirka, and get whatever cheapest. Ive tried a lot of different sandpapers, and the one thing I've found is that even if brand 'a' lasts longer than brand 'a', it's usually a matter of a stroke or two, not enough to justify a difference in price.

Also, please note this is for the same kind of sandpaper in different brands. If you get ceramic abrasive paper from klingspor and garnet paper from 3m, the klingspor will last way, way linger, but it's n apples to oranges comparison

#9 ·
Diablo and Klingspor..as above.

Personal use,on bows and really special shop work...3M,Gold.It's a stick it,used on Dura-Block rubber sanding blocks.Both bourne in the auto body biz.Get them from auto paint jobber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.