Delta TS 36-725 - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 6 Old 12-18-2013, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

View ctwiggs1's Photo Album My Photos
Delta TS 36-725

Just saw one of these in Lowes last night:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_510897-52010...saw&facetInfo=

I'd like to know if anyone knows anything about them? I was a little concerned that it didn't take much effort to rock it back and forth. It seems like if I were cutting a sheet of plywood down, it could be easy to rock it and get a miscut.

Curtis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Sawdust Creator

View ryan50hrl's Photo Album My Photos
Rock which way? Was it on the casters, or set firmly on the floor?

The tools don't make the craftsman....
post #3 of 6 Old 12-18-2013, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

View ctwiggs1's Photo Album My Photos
Rocking all around. It just wasn't very stable.

That being said, the fence was on the left side of the blade and the blade guard was stuck due to poor installation. Maybe their demo was set up by someone who just didn't do a good job.

Curtis
post #4 of 6 Old 12-18-2013, 02:46 PM
4 Grain Woodworking

View Gary Thomas's Photo Album My Photos
Delta

Make sure you check the slop on the miter gauge slot. Also measure this. Most accessories for table saws these days are made for a 3/4 x 3/8 miter slot so if your going to be buying or making feather boards, cross cut sleds or anything that needs to fit into the slots on a table saw this could be a big headache. My delta will not work with any accessories that don't use T-nuts which is about everything but feather boards..
post #5 of 6 Old 12-18-2013, 03:35 PM

View dodgeboy77's Photo Album My Photos
Being a cast iron top saw, I'd be really surprised if it didn't have a standard 3/4" miter slot.

This looks like a hybrid saw and it's weight in the specs is 197 lbs. That's not a lot of mass for a cast iron top saw, though the table extensions look to be sheet metal.

One thing you can usually bet on with stationery power tools in big box stores it that A) The assembly was terrible, or B) even if the assembly was okay, the customers messed with the tool so much that it's all screwed up. So take a look at the base of the tool to see of it's rocking because of an assembly problem or if the frame bolts are loose. It is an odd leg design for this type of saw, however.

I'm waiting for Knotscott to give this one a review.

Bill
post #6 of 6 Old 12-18-2013, 04:43 PM

View rbk123's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwiggs1 View Post
Rocking all around. It just wasn't very stable.
That saw won't rock on a normal flat surface; either it was still on the wheels or that floor isn't flat. With the CI, motor and trunnions that saw will be plenty stout.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode