Converting my l shaped corner desk..please help - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 2 Old 08-23-2010, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

View kristymarie's Photo Album My Photos
Converting my l shaped corner desk..please help

I have a corner shaped L desk and I bought it so long ago i can't even find the information for it. I want to take the left side off and use it as a seperate desk (hold it up with file cabinet on one side).

I am wondering if the remainder of the desk will hold up? Its in 3 pieces and i am putting links to pics below. I measured the one side i would like to take off and it is 35 1/2 inches (left n ride side are the same)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...sty/DESK-1.jpg
the file cabinet underneath is completely seperate

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...isty/desk3.jpg
center

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-24-2010, 11:15 PM

View sanchez's Photo Album My Photos
Its hard to tell based on only pictures, but I'll take a shot.

I don't know your skill level so bear that in mind. Also, if the desk is made of particle board and just has those cam lock screws holding it together, it wont be real easy to assemble in a manner different than designed.

Looking at the diagram of the center piece, it looks like the center just sits in there and that the long inner leg panels are attached to only the right and left sides.

You would probably want to remove the inner leg panel from the left side and somehow attach it to the center piece of desktop, probably close to the end so it doesn't leave an unsupported section. If you do that you definitely have to use the file cabinet to hold up the left side.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode