Antique Craftsman Table Saw - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 10 Old 05-06-2012, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

View kyle20123's Photo Album My Photos
Post Antique Craftsman Table Saw

I have a really old Sears and Roebuck CO Craftsman table saw. The number on it is 113.27521. I really want to know what it is worth . It is in great condition and works perfectly. Anyone have any idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-06-2012, 01:50 AM

View vinnypatternmaker's Photo Album My Photos
Antique table saw

Hi!
If available, please provide us with as much of the following you can:
a) photos
b) any item #'s
c) to the best of your knowledge...circa
d) size
e) details...construction, motor, stand, accessories, power supply and drive, etc.
Thanks, this will help the forum help you!
Best,
Marena
post #3 of 10 Old 05-06-2012, 07:56 AM

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
Curoius, does it have a rounded sheetmetal top and made where the arbor and motor is on a tract where you can side it forward and backward?
post #4 of 10 Old 05-06-2012, 08:04 AM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
Doesn't anyone know to search?

Just enter Craftsman 113.27521 and this will show up:
http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=ut...13.27521&type=

This is the one:
http://vintagemachinery.org/photoind...l.aspx?id=8080

"really old" Craftsman models will start with 103. ***X or
109.***X

Makers of Wood-working Machines, Metal-working Machines, and Stationary Engines for Sears

The list below contains the known makers of the above-mentioned products only. For a more complete list of makers of Sears products, see the section "Sears, Roebuck Number Prefixes", below.
Sears Roebuck introduced wood-working machinery in their 1926 catalog, according to one source. Here is a list of known North American-based makers of their machinery with their model-number prefixes (some companies do not have a model-number prefix because they manufactured for Sears before they introduced the prefix system):
Nowadays, the machinery sold by Sears is made outside North America and hence is outside the scope of this web site.

What it's worth is what you can sell it for, probably around $125.00 or so unless it's been restored to the condition above...then who knows? Just list it on Craig's List with a $300.000 or best offer.

There is no charge for the free advice, but you get what you pay for ... just sayin'

Last edited by woodnthings; 05-06-2012 at 09:11 AM.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Old School

View cabinetman's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnthings View Post
Last edited by woodnthings; Today at 08:11 AM.

What did you edit?

post #6 of 10 Old 05-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Old School

View cabinetman's Photo Album My Photos
I bought an old table saw at a flea market for $50. It looked like a bench version (add a motor), likely an 8" saw, as many were when that old. It wasn't sheet metal, but all cast iron and heavy as all get out. Never used it.

post #7 of 10 Old 05-06-2012, 09:51 AM

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
It's not your saw but I finally found the saw I had. It was a Sears 1946 builders saw.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9958-A.jpg
Views:	1549
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	44134  

Attached Images

post #8 of 10 Old 05-07-2012, 01:36 PM

View Pirate's Photo Album My Photos
I have the same saw, and have it for sale now, for $125. It has a real clean top, and iron wings, new belt and motor pulley.
I would rather have this saw, instead of a under, $400 new saw.
If I didn't have an old Unisaur, which, is a keeper, I would put a Delta T-2 fence ($155) on it and have a good saw.
post #9 of 10 Old 05-07-2012, 02:17 PM
No Longer Here

View rrbrown's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnthings View Post
Just enter Craftsman 113.27521 and this will show up:
http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=ut...13.27521&type=

This is the one:
http://vintagemachinery.org/photoind...l.aspx?id=8080

"really old" Craftsman models will start with 103. ***X or
109.***X

Makers of Wood-working Machines, Metal-working Machines, and Stationary Engines for Sears

The list below contains the known makers of the above-mentioned products only. For a more complete list of makers of Sears products, see the section "Sears, Roebuck Number Prefixes", below.
Sears Roebuck introduced wood-working machinery in their 1926 catalog, according to one source. Here is a list of known North American-based makers of their machinery with their model-number prefixes (some companies do not have a model-number prefix because they manufactured for Sears before they introduced the prefix system):
Nowadays, the machinery sold by Sears is made outside North America and hence is outside the scope of this web site.

What it's worth is what you can sell it for, probably around $125.00 or so unless it's been restored to the condition above...then who knows? Just list it on Craig's List with a $300.000 or best offer.
Man is it just me or did you have a bad day. You sound a little grumpy there Bill but thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetman View Post
What did you edit?

What's up with you wanting to know what people edit in a post?
I do it all the time because I was a bad at typing before I lost the finger now I'm worse. So i edit all the time. I must drive you crazy.

I'm assuming that they are like me either adding new info or correcting typo's they missed before hitting submit. To be honest if I wanted you to know what I edited I would have left it there.

Just messing with you guys as usual.
post #10 of 10 Old 05-07-2012, 04:25 PM

View Pirate's Photo Album My Photos
I have the same saw, and have it for sale now, for $125. It has a real clean top, and iron wings, new belt and motor pulley.
I would rather have this saw, instead of a under, $400 new saw.
If I didn't have an old Unisaur, which, is a keeper, I would put a Delta T-2 fence ($155) on it and have a good saw.
As I was writing this, a person called about the saw, and is coming to take a look. Reduced advertised price from $150, to $125.
Fingers crossed!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode