Where did the Edit Post button go? - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 7 Old 10-17-2016, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Taf

View Taf's Photo Album My Photos
Where did the Edit Post button go?

searched, but could not find an answer to this...

I made a post yesterday and could edit it then, but now the edit button has disappeared.

I was hoping to add some information to the post that a commenter asked about later in the thread.

Three table saws... of course that isn't enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-17-2016, 01:33 PM

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
searched, but could not find an answer to this...

I made a post yesterday and could edit it then, but now the edit button has disappeared.

I was hoping to add some information to the post that a commenter asked about later in the thread.
The edit button doesn't stay active very long. It makes it very confusing if someone goes back a day later taking out parts of a conversation so it's given a time limit. If there is something that you feel was a mistake you can contact one of the moderators and we can change it but to add material it's best to just add another post.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-17-2016, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Taf

Darn. I was afraid of that.

It isn't really a mistake or anything, I was just hoping to update to answer some questions that a comment brought up. I am guessing that people who don't read all the comments will probably ask the same questions several times over the course of the life of the thread.

Does makes sense to keep people from removing stuff, but would be nice to be able to just add (without editing) to the bottom of the original post. Basically an "Update" button that would just append something to the original post. (Probably nearly impossible to build into the forum since I doubt that feature is something that could be just turned on.)

Thank you for letting me know, and hope you have a great day!

post #4 of 7 Old 10-17-2016, 02:20 PM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
the edit feature lasts about ....

I have found I was able to edit up to 3 hrs, maybe 4 hours after my post, usually a typo. My spell check tells me what's wrong but doers not offer the corrected spelling. I do not add significant info onto the original post. Usually I'll post some text, then edit in a link or a photo right away and that works for me.

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specfic. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo
post #5 of 7 Old 10-17-2016, 07:52 PM

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Darn. I was afraid of that.

It isn't really a mistake or anything, I was just hoping to update to answer some questions that a comment brought up. I am guessing that people who don't read all the comments will probably ask the same questions several times over the course of the life of the thread.

Does makes sense to keep people from removing stuff, but would be nice to be able to just add (without editing) to the bottom of the original post. Basically an "Update" button that would just append something to the original post. (Probably nearly impossible to build into the forum since I doubt that feature is something that could be just turned on.)

Thank you for letting me know, and hope you have a great day!
I don't know which thread you are referring to but once you start a thread you have to think of it as a conversation. When someone makes a comment, answer that comment. If need be you can quote yourself and amend your original post.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-18-2016, 12:18 PM
Administrator

View admin's Photo Album My Photos
You get 180 minutes to edit after posting. If there's anything you want to change after that, please consult an admin/mod.

Lee
post #7 of 7 Old 10-18-2016, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Taf

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
You get 180 minutes to edit after posting. If there's anything you want to change after that, please consult an admin/mod.

Lee
Thank you. It isn't a big deal. Just thought it was strange, but it makes sense.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode