pictures - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tennessee Tim

post #1 of 15 Old 04-19-2017, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

View GEMcooter#2's Photo Album My Photos
pictures

I'll try once again. No go. It did the same thing. What is the security token?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-19-2017, 09:19 PM

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
From what I can find out a security token is a type of hardware which takes the place of a pin number. Since you don't have one you probably need to get someone to turn that off.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Neul For This Useful Post:
GEMcooter#2 (04-19-2017)
post #3 of 15 Old 04-19-2017, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Who do I ask?

post #4 of 15 Old 04-19-2017, 10:13 PM

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
What ever device you have I would take it to the service center for it and explain the problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Neul For This Useful Post:
GEMcooter#2 (04-20-2017)
post #5 of 15 Old 04-19-2017, 11:05 PM
Administrator

View Cricket's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMcooter#2 View Post
I'll try once again. No go. It did the same thing. What is the security token?
This error message almost always means the image is way too large. Resize it and then try uploading it again.

I have also seen it happen with a really large image combined with a slow WIFI connection - almost as if it times out.

Image Test

pictures-coffee.jpg

"Show respect even to people who donít deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours."
The Following User Says Thank You to Cricket For This Useful Post:
GEMcooter#2 (04-20-2017)
post #6 of 15 Old 04-20-2017, 03:33 AM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
image size ...to large?

By this she means the file size for that image, not the actual picture. The new camera phones and digital cameras can take photos with so many more pixels, than the older ones. This means there's a whole lot of data in the file, but this site normally will automatically "resize" an image for you if it's too large.

If your phone or camera has a setting in the menu that limits the size to 4.8 mega pixels, or somewhere around that size, that would be good. If you have it set to 10 megapixels, it will give great detail, but it's too large a file for here. Then you will need a photo program to reduce each one, a real PITA.

I'm no computer geek, but I learned this after getting a new camera a while back and before the site would do this automatically. It would not post my photos unless I reduced the file size in the settings in the menu to less than 5.0 mega pixels.

You may need some help with this, so be patient. It's not the site or your process for uploading, it may just be a camera setting.... I donno?

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specfic. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo
The Following User Says Thank You to woodnthings For This Useful Post:
GEMcooter#2 (04-20-2017)
post #7 of 15 Old 04-20-2017, 12:54 PM
Administrator

View admin's Photo Album My Photos
Hey @GEMcooter#2 - were the suggestions above helpful? Let us know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,
Natalie
The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:
GEMcooter#2 (04-20-2017)
post #8 of 15 Old 04-20-2017, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

I'm using the same camera I've always used. My daughter takes pictures and posts on face book with the same camera wit no problem.I have a cheaper camera that my oldest bought me but it dose not take very good pictures. I don't know. I'll check the picture size. Thanks to all of you for your help.
post #9 of 15 Old 04-20-2017, 06:43 PM
where's my table saw?

Do this

You can "right click" on a picture you posted here and select
"view image information" This tells you the size of the picture length and width in pixels and the "size" in MBs and the type pf image JPEG.

The size is 87.71 MBs. The length is 500 px X 375 px. This obviously worked previously so that's the size you are looking for.
When you open the "manage attachments" window it lists all the types, maximum sizes and dimensions for allowable photos. If you exceed those limits you won't be able to post the photo.

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specfic. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo

Last edited by woodnthings; 04-20-2017 at 06:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to woodnthings For This Useful Post:
GEMcooter#2 (04-21-2017)
post #10 of 15 Old 04-20-2017, 10:26 PM
Sawing against the Wind

View Tennessee Tim's Photo Album My Photos
87 MB ??? I believe more like 85 KB....I'd be really surprised a 500x 375 pixel would be 87 MB BUT I've been wrong before. I checked a few of mine and the showed around 35KB on a 400 pxel pic. There are a few factors that sway this # BUT hard to see that huge of a jump/increase to MBs . 87mb is like a large format camera where our norm is 5-15 mb now.

I think it was a typo error.

Have a Blessed and Prosperous day in Jesus's Awesome Love, Tim
.......... http://www.tsmfarms.com .......... John 3:16-21 ..........
Reveling God's awesome beauty while creating one of-a-kind flitches and heirlooms.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tennessee Tim For This Useful Post:
GEMcooter#2 (04-21-2017)
post #11 of 15 Old 04-21-2017, 01:32 AM
where's my table saw?

Correction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnthings View Post
You can "right click" on a picture you posted here and select
"view image information" This tells you the size of the picture length and width in pixels and the "size" in (KBs) and the type pf image JPEG.

The size is 87.71 (KBs). The length is 500 px X 375 px. This obviously worked previously so that's the size you are looking for.
When you open the "manage attachments" window it lists all the types, maximum sizes and dimensions for allowable photos. If you exceed those limits you won't be able to post the photo.
Thanks Tim I got my KBs and my MBs mixed up ....

post #12 of 15 Old 04-21-2017, 05:07 AM

View johnep1934's Photo Album My Photos
Don't worry, Nasa confused lbs with Kgs for a Mars shot and that was that. Also lbs and kgs confused on a plane and it had to make an emergency landing mid Atlantic.
Europe changed from lbs to kgs and yards to meters over 40 years ago.
johnep
post #13 of 15 Old 04-21-2017, 09:36 PM
Sawing against the Wind

Quote:
Thanks Tim I got my KBs and my MBs mixed up ....
whew I thought I might have been overlooking something again ...... I sadly messed up big once this week re our dear woodworking friend, thanks for correcting me then, still in shock

WnT....I'm mechanical/art minded, the little I know about digital is only in the photo sizing and some digital darkrooming due to I done some photography and printing in my past and I was forced to change from the film and chemicals (I don't miss them) to digital world or stay TOO far behind... you could've mentioned anything about their router, database function, mouse and I'd be duh lost ... I like math BUT 1's and 0's (I think that's the proper make-up) running through glass strands with 1,000's at a time I just don't comprehend.

Again, that's what we're here for to help each other and learn also.
woodnthings likes this.

Reveling God's awesome beauty while creating one of-a-kind flitches and heirlooms.
post #14 of 15 Old 04-21-2017, 09:46 PM
where's my table saw?

Me too Tim

I went to Art School for 7 years, taught Design for 1 year and worked in a Design Studio for 30 years, but that didn't stop me from making 3 truck bodies, welding super HD mobile bases for table saws, building a 2 axis panel saw from RAS parts ...etc.. I think it's a great combination of skills, creativity and the means to execute your ideas.
My computer skills are at the grade school level, even below that. My son was running Apple 2GS at age 2 /1/2 with a pacifier in his mouth. I have the photo somewhere.

A grad school project:

I couldn't leave well enough alone and tried a rear engine version. It worked so well except in tight corners the front end would lift and I'd lose steering...

Last edited by woodnthings; 04-21-2017 at 09:52 PM.
post #15 of 15 Old 04-21-2017, 10:09 PM
Sawing against the Wind

Quote:
I went to Art School for 7 years, taught Design for 1 year and worked in a Design Studio for 30 years, but that didn't stop me from making 3 truck bodies, welding super HD mobile bases for table saws, building a 2 axis panel saw from RAS parts ...etc.. I think it's a great combination of skills, creativity and the means to execute your ideas.
My computer skills are at the grade school level, even below that. My son was running Apple 2GS at age 2 /1/2 with a pacifier in his mouth. I have the photo somewhere.

A grad school project:

I couldn't leave well enough alone and tried a rear engine version. It worked so well except in tight corners the front end would lift and I'd lose steering...

LOL!!! The motor backwards reminded me of a old article many years ago and a guy was doing one of the testing articles on a 4x4 and lost the rear universal joint and had to remove and drive via front axle.....he realized he went from 10 mpg to 15 mpg.
I can see the hard to turn....just don't goose it!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode