Woodworking Talk banner

Vanities/Office Desk/Built Ins ..

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  red 
#1 · (Edited)
Been working on this job for a while now (to long) and it is finally coming to the point of install. I was suppose to start the install tomorrow but put a call into the HO to find out where the painters were at and it seems that they aren't ready. So I will be installing on Wednesday.

Most of the stuff was delivered to the house on Friday. But the built ins were still being finished. So today I looked at a kitchen and took some measurements and got the downpayment. I got one of the built in cabinets ready for delivery. Had to put the backs on, the drawers in and the drawer fronts on. Here is the result:

Paint color is Ben Moore White Dove, done in MLC Resistant and top coated with Krystal. The drawer slides are Accuride full extension w/a 150 lb rating. The Pendeflex folder rails were made by me using 1/2" "L" aluminum that I cut to size and rounded the edges and drilled mounting holes.

The Molding will get a cap that isn't shown in the picture, it was wrapped up and I didn't want to unwrap it before delivery.

See less See more
#5 ·
Dadoes, glue, screws, face frame glued on makes for a sturdy cabinet. The drawers are made from 5/8" 9 ply Euro Maple plywood and pocket screwed using rabbets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.