van - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 9 Old 04-20-2017, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

View GEMcooter#2's Photo Album My Photos
van

Trying pictures of actual van I used to make the van model.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Van4.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	290978  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-20-2017, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

I tried everything I could think of without any luck. Someone mentioned trying one picture at a time. I did that and it worked. I'll see if I can do it again.
post #3 of 9 Old 04-20-2017, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Tried the second time. It would not work.

post #4 of 9 Old 04-20-2017, 07:51 PM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
We have asked this before ...

Unless you can tell us step by step what you are doing, it will be impossible to give you any advice.

Start with ...
Plug the camera into the computer/laptop using a USB cable.
Turn the camera ON so the computer will recognize the device. It will then open a window.
The window says "checking for duplicates"
Then it says "Uploading photos" and show a file or a list of images. with the date you uploaded them.
Then they are stored on your pc or laptop in a photo program or in My Documents and My Photos.
Then when you post a reply, you click on Manage Attachments and it opens a window. The window says "BROWSE"
It asks where do you want to look for the photos AND this is important ..on the desktop? on a photo program? in My Photos etc.
You have to open that file or list by selecting it and "OPEN" Then it shows all your recent photos.
You select one at a time and UPLOAD each one.to a maximum of 4.You must wait while they all UPLOAD and it will show that.
They are now part of your reply and they should all show up....

Your process should be similar based on your camera and your computer., so tell us how you are trying to do it...

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specfic. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo
The Following User Says Thank You to woodnthings For This Useful Post:
GEMcooter#2 (04-20-2017)
post #5 of 9 Old 04-20-2017, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

I tried 3 the 2nd time and it would not work. I did 1 at a time twice and it worked .I don't know what's going. It beats me.
post #6 of 9 Old 04-20-2017, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

I did it just like you said. All the way to upload. I click upload and wait,and wait. It then comes up that the post would not go through because the security token is missing. When I do 1 picture at a time it works.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-20-2017, 09:57 PM

View Jim Frye's Photo Album My Photos
What are the sizes of each of the 3 pictures you tried to upload? The site software should have resized them to roughly the size of van picture when you do the Browse/Uplload. The panel should show you the size of each selected picture. When I posted the 3 pictures in another of your threads, each picture ended up 500 pixels by 3xx pixels (your van pic was 500x375), roughly less than 100 kb per picture.

Jim Frye
The Nut in the Cellar
I've gone out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.
post #8 of 9 Old 04-20-2017, 10:08 PM

View Jim Frye's Photo Album My Photos
Another upload using different pictures from my computer.
1. Used Advanced Options button at the bottom of the reply page.
2. Used Manage Optons on the next page. Manage Options panel pops up. Notice the max. file size for each file type is listed at the bottom of this panel.
3. Used the browse option to find and select a picture to upload. Total size of the upload was 273.8 KB. If your source pictures are too large for this application, this is where you may be getting the error message.
4. Close the Manage Aattachments window.
5. Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	00000004.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	290994  

Name:	00000005.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	291002  

Name:	00000015.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	291010  

Jim Frye
The Nut in the Cellar
I've gone out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.

Last edited by Jim Frye; 04-20-2017 at 10:11 PM. Reason: added text
The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Frye For This Useful Post:
GEMcooter#2 (04-21-2017)
post #9 of 9 Old 04-20-2017, 10:10 PM
Sawing against the Wind

View Tennessee Tim's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMcooter#2 View Post
I did it just like you said. All the way to upload. I click upload and wait,and wait. It then comes up that the post would not go through because the security token is missing. When I do 1 picture at a time it works.
GM....I believe in ONE of the many threads you created about this, someone asked and suggested it appears your not resizing your pics prior to sending them and it gives you this warning.....AND according to the size that's appearing (LARGER than most other pics posted) that's whats happening. There are some programs/apps that can auto do this BUT I normally just do a quicky through photoshop. This HAS to be done prior loading. The newer cameras have pics with LOTS of info in them(many mb) and makes the files aggrevating to transfer. It's allowing singles to BUT MULTIPLES overload......a easy rule of thumb I use is make the larger side 400 pixels and it should automatically adjust the other to correct scale if set right.

Even singles should be resized anyway........ What most people don't understand with internet is YOU may have a super-dooper speed internet, BUT the average Joe may only have DSL which affects his downloading time to view your oversized pic. I built a couple of sites in the earlier years for my photography and I was always taught to build for the little guy whom is just as important as the next guy with all the bells and whistles....you don't lose enough info/quality as it's just the web NOT a print shop.

Have a Blessed and Prosperous day in Jesus's Awesome Love, Tim
.......... http://www.tsmfarms.com .......... John 3:16-21 ..........
Reveling God's awesome beauty while creating one of-a-kind flitches and heirlooms.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tennessee Tim For This Useful Post:
GEMcooter#2 (04-21-2017)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode