Woodworking Talk banner

Office built-ins

5K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  AZ Termite 
#1 ·
I'm currently doing this built-in for a good friend of mine. Contrary to my opinion they wanted to do this on the cheap and bought me a pile of select pine and AC plywood. These are just a few bad progress pics. I'll update with better pics when this is all done. :thumbsup:

Cheers!
KC

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks fellas! Pocket screws, biscuits, dadoes, rabbets, gorilla wood glue (sets in like 15 minutes holy fast assemby)...the whole shootin match...but yeah a ton of pocket screws. I will forever be a fan of pocket screws for cabinet construction.:thumbsup:

They just want satin minwax poly on it...I seriously think they had a big gift card from Lowe's or something.

Despite the materials it is shaping up to be a nice built-in. I should have final pics up early this next week.

Cheers,
KC

#7 ·
oh yeah...before pics...this is where the real magic happened.

Attachments

#11 ·
KC,
Looks good. I've got some built-ins to do myself in our FROG. I finally found the woodshop over at Norfolk. Good news is there prices seemed pretty good. Bad news is I had just sold a few shadow boxes and spent about $200 in wood.....ha. I got some nice cherry sticks and a sheet of 3/4" luan plywood...$30 a sheet. That would have been really nice for the project you are doing now for your friends.

Looking forward to seeing the final pics....good luck!

#13 · (Edited)
John...MMA is good. Never better. I'll be fighting pro in the next fight or 2. No more getting punched in the head for free!! :laughing: I haven't fought since August because I started my business, but I've been training hard. I should be fighting again on May 25th. Thanks for asking!

Hey Al! I'm glad you found the woodshop in Norfolk. Pretty nice huh? That's the only workshop I had for the first 4 years in the Navy, but it's still nicer than the one I have now! Are they still charging by the board foot to run the jointers and planers? Where were you getting your hardwoods prior to finding the workshop? :yes:

Thanks Geo...The before was bad, but its shaping up to be a cool little project.

Should be finished tomorrow. I'll get more pics up then!

#14 ·
Here ya go Mike! Something I just couldn't bear to pocket screw together. :laughing: It might be hard to see, but there is a tenon in there.

Since I don't have a massive finishing room to go with also massive shop (yeah right:no:) I had to fire up the Ranger to finish the doors.

Attachments

#17 ·
He's having a single side sliding window installed next week and I'll finish trimming the window then.

Attachments

#20 ·
Thanks fellas! Kenbo...basic cabinetry is easy compared to radius work! I've tried some basic "scrolling" work on my recently acquired bandsaw and it's hard! :wallbash:I can only imagine making the things you make on a scroll saw...:notworthy:

Also, AZ Termite reminds me of a guy who used to be on here all the time...Anybody know what happened to theKCtermite? :confused1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.