New toys in my Gallery - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 12-07-2007, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

View seawolf21's Photo Album My Photos
New toys in my Gallery

Just a few of the latest. Both are made of pine. One is a Kiddie Plane and the other is a P40 Warhawk.

Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-08-2007, 09:56 AM

View woodman42's Photo Album My Photos
Cool plane. I have often wanted to build some military vehicles. Hopefully one day I will have the oppurtunity.

Did you say tool sale?
post #3 of 5 Old 02-18-2008, 11:08 AM

View Plarose's Photo Album My Photos
Gary,
These are great! I'm trying to do something simular, how do you cut these pieces? I've been using a scroll saw (winfield Collection cars) to make mine and am having a rough time cutting these with my scroll saw since the patterns call for wood 1 3/4" thick. I'm breaking blades left and right trying to cut the curves and whatnot. I've tried various blades and types but still break them too easy. Any help you could provide I would be ever gratefull to you.
Paul
post #4 of 5 Old 02-19-2008, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

View seawolf21's Photo Album My Photos
Cutting small pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plarose View Post
Gary,
These are great! I'm trying to do something simular, how do you cut these pieces? I've been using a scroll saw (winfield Collection cars) to make mine and am having a rough time cutting these with my scroll saw since the patterns call for wood 1 3/4" thick. I'm breaking blades left and right trying to cut the curves and whatnot. I've tried various blades and types but still break them too easy. Any help you could provide I would be ever gratefull to you.
Paul

Hi Paul. I use a Dremel scrollsaw with a thicker stiffer blade. If you look on the package from the blades it should tell you what blade to use and what size wood it will cut. I also use my bandsaw to cut the bodies of the toys I make. Any wood over 3/4 thick should be cut on a bandsaw(if you have one).

Gary
post #5 of 5 Old 02-19-2008, 02:42 PM

View Plarose's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolf21 View Post
Hi Paul. I use a Dremel scrollsaw with a thicker stiffer blade. If you look on the package from the blades it should tell you what blade to use and what size wood it will cut. I also use my bandsaw to cut the bodies of the toys I make. Any wood over 3/4 thick should be cut on a bandsaw(if you have one).

Gary
Thanks Gary!! I will try that. I'm lucky, my wife told me that if I need a band saw, I could get one. I'm gonna get me one.... LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode