What are your thoughts on this saw - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

1Likes

post #1 of 29 Old 03-19-2017, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

View dbenney's Photo Album My Photos
What are your thoughts on this saw

I'm just getting into woodworking and acquiring the tools for my shop. I got a deal on a Rockler router table and have been looking for a table saw. I found this on craigslist and s wondering if this was worth it or if I should wait to see if s something else comes up. I know it's a craftsman, unsure of model waiting on reply from seller, but will it be good enough to get me started?

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tls/6049900812.html

Thanks guys

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 03-19-2017, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Update: model is 113.298762

post #3 of 29 Old 03-19-2017, 10:09 AM

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
Grab it. "The biesmeyer fence alone makes this a good deal" is a true statement.

post #4 of 29 Old 03-19-2017, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Omw to get it now

post #5 of 29 Old 03-19-2017, 10:17 AM

View woodchux's Photo Album My Photos
That TS is a good $ deal - especially with all the extras! Post when you get it, then consider adding some mobility by putting wheels on it - perhaps a platform with 4" movable lock down wheels. Be safe.
post #6 of 29 Old 03-19-2017, 11:22 AM
Interested Observer

View subroc's Photo Album My Photos
As it sits, if I was looking for a 113 saw, I would buy that saw without hesitation.
Quain likes this.
post #7 of 29 Old 03-19-2017, 11:54 AM

View Pirate's Photo Album My Photos
Surprised it's still for sale. Great deal.

He, who hesitates......
post #8 of 29 Old 03-19-2017, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

LOL he actually said a guy was supposed to be coming tomorrow night to pick it up but if I could make it there today I could have it if I wanted it so enough said

post #9 of 29 Old 03-19-2017, 01:32 PM

View GeorgeC's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenney View Post
LOL he actually said a guy was supposed to be coming tomorrow night to pick it up but if I could make it there today I could have it if I wanted it so enough said

Not sure I want to be dealing with a person who deals with others like that. Would not be sure what he is not telling me about the saw.

George
post #10 of 29 Old 03-19-2017, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

I have no issues J with that because of new didn't leave a deposit u never really know if they are serious. If i had a penny for all the times I sold something on cl and someone told me "I'll be there tomorrow to get it" I'd b rich. I stayed saying 1st here w cash gets it. Can't tien down a prospective buyer just incase the other may show

post #11 of 29 Old 03-19-2017, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Just got home with the saw and got her unloaded. Just a quick check shows everything seeming to be properly adjusted. Blade within. 002 of miter slots and the
biesmeyer fence is aligned to the miter slot. I'll double check everything in a day or 2 when i have more time .

post #12 of 29 Old 03-19-2017, 02:19 PM

View mangorockfish's Photo Album My Photos
Post pics. Link didn't work.
post #13 of 29 Old 03-19-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenney View Post
I have no issues J with that because of new didn't leave a deposit u never really know if they are serious. If i had a penny for all the times I sold something on cl and someone told me "I'll be there tomorrow to get it" I'd b rich. I stayed saying 1st here w cash gets it. Can't tien down a prospective buyer just incase the other may show

I do not do business like that and would not do business with someone who did. There are ethics even in this modern age.

George
post #14 of 29 Old 03-19-2017, 04:17 PM

View Rebelwork's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeC View Post
I do not do business like that and would not do business with someone who did. There are ethics even in this modern age.

George
Anybody could say their coming and just be using the time to decide.

When I sold a poker table to a guy in Massachusetts I received a certified check the next day. Now that I take serious...
post #15 of 29 Old 03-19-2017, 07:41 PM
Interested Observer

It could have been a sales tactic by the seller to create a sense of urgency.

I don't consider anything on Craigslist a commitment until I am in the car and on my way. I contact the seller, let him know and verify it is still available and will he/she be there at the expected time. The same when I am selling something. It isn't committed until they are on their way. Everything else is just internet noise.

The silliness on many Craigslist posting have me laughing out loud on a regular basis. Over pricing, lack of information, no model numbers, no images, no prices, etc.
post #16 of 29 Old 03-19-2017, 10:22 PM

If you people want to do business that way it is your choice. Excuse it any way that you like. Maybe that is the way of the so called millennial. It was not the ethics of the vast majority of my generation.

George
post #17 of 29 Old 03-19-2017, 11:04 PM
Got Sawdust?

View Cowpokey's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
If you people want to do business that way it is your choice. Excuse it any way that you like. Maybe that is the way of the so called millennial. It was not the ethics of the vast majority of my generation.

George
While I agree with you on this, the world as we know it has changed. I had a very good friend tell me he wanted to buy some Jeep parts and had "cash in hand"; so I held on to the parts out of loyalty to our friendship. Six months later the parts are still in my shed. He didn't even have the balls to tell me he didn't want them anymore. Cash talks, BS walks.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
- Frank Sinatra
post #18 of 29 Old 03-20-2017, 02:13 AM
Interested Observer

Quote:

George
Well, I'm 62. Nothing millennial about it. Nothing in my post came with an excuse or an apology. I am just describing the parameters of how I close a transaction on Craigslist. No excuses necessary.
post #19 of 29 Old 03-20-2017, 08:50 AM

View mangorockfish's Photo Album My Photos
I totally agree with subroc. I'm old school also, you snooze, you lose. I called on a 70s RAS, supposedly in mint condition, but was told I was third in line. One guy had to sell a truck first and if he didn't take it there was a lady who wanted it. I asked him how long was he going to wait for the guy to sell the truck? He was going to give him till the end of the month and then start calling him. I had money in hand and was willing to drive two hours to get it. I admire the guy for doing business like that, but seems like a long drawn out affair for $100. Just saying.
post #20 of 29 Old 03-20-2017, 09:15 AM

View Jig_saw's Photo Album My Photos
Long gone are the days when a man's word used to mean anything. Just saying.

Keep thy axe sharp.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode