Woodworking Talk banner

Can someone id this Ridgid Table Saw?

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  dan geraci 
#1 ·
This saw is for sale in my area and the lady doesnt know the model, was hoping you guy's could help with ID?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Pretty difficult to ID that saw. It's so piled up with junk you really can't see it. I searched google images for Rigid table saw and there wasn't one that had the base match exactly. Either that saw isn't shown or someone has added cross bracing to the base where it did not have any.

#6 ·
I agree TS2424. I also think that the cross bracing Steve referred too is an optical illusion. I think what looks like cross bracing is really just the mobile base that the saw is mounted too. Just my guess of course.

#7 ·
What that looks like to me is the lower part of the legs were shortened just below those cross braces. I have a Ridgid stand but it is in the shed out back not to be seen until spring so I can't say if it has cross braces or not. When I did a yahoo image search some have the cross braces, others don't.

#8 ·
Thanks for the responses guy's, She is asking $250 for the saw which is a little high I think. I looked at the Ridgid image database too and couldn't find an exact match either, most that i saw had the webbed cast table extensions where this one has light steel plates. I was leaning towards the TS2424 from what info I could find too. Hey Al, what is the Craftsman model that you have? There are a few of the older 113 series Craftsman saws on Craigslist around here too and they have the cast extensions on them, one is only asking $190 for the saw and there is very little if any rust on it, are the 113 series good saws? I honestly would rather buy an old saw rather than the new ones because they were made in the U.S. and of better quality materials. Would like to stay away from the Asian made saws even if I have to do some restoration. Just my personal opinion.

#10 ·
Look, I don’t know what any used saw is worth. I only know what it is worth to me. That is an example of a saw that I would put a low ball offer on and feel comfortable walking away if she said no to the offer. It is a saw that shows little if any care or consideration. That might not matter at all or it might be a window into what the saws actual condition is.

For $250 I would expect to find a saw that is in outstanding condition right now. Maybe a box of extras too.

I wouldn't be surprised if you had to clear your own path to get at that saw.

I have bought and parted out several contractor saws and haven't paid more than $100 for any of them. Not saying you will find saws in your area matching that but it is something worth considering. Now if you want a saw now, maybe you pay a premium over the $100 mark but, in my view, it wouldn't or shouldn't be much.

Here is 1 for $100

Link

another one for $100

link

Not sayin' you should buy either of these saws just pointing out that saws pop up around the $100 mark regularly. Keep lookin.'

The best of luck to you whatever you decide to do.

#12 ·
@dan geraci .note this an old thread from 2017

on a TS2424 part number wrench set ridgid 3540. not found

on as TS2400 827548 arbor wrench also not found

Wood Rectangle Office ruler Ruler Tool

1.028 in
Calipers Scale Wood Tool Office ruler

27 mm nut
Wood Gauge Measuring instrument Font Calipers

1.064 in about 1"1/16
Scale Calipers Wood Gauge Office ruler

for quick raise the blade. use a wood block to stop blade from turning toward you. use a 1 1/16 wrench or adjustable wrench pull toward you.

it should note be very tight unless it has been there after a lot of use.
tighten to snug.